Monday 7 July 2014

6 July 2014

So the situation is again the same as yesterday, nothing really to report, everything was much the same from Alice Springs back to the Three Ways Roadhouse, note though that I have bypassed Tennant Creek this time around, well not so much bypassed as gone straight on through. To be honest there was not a whole lot going on at the Roadhouse either, strange place and the staff seemed like they would have preferred to be anywhere than having to deal with tiresome customers. As it was relatively early in the afternoon when I arrived there I decided that staying there would have been quite a waste, seriously I would have been better off staying at Tennant Creek if staying was the case, so I just drove on until it started to get later and about 5ish I was at Renner Springs, which is literally nothing but a petrol station/sub/campground with some motel rooms. As an aside the motel rooms are literally "dongers" and as such they should be cheap, really cheap, but they were $115 per night for one person, Ummmm thanks I have a tent.

Anyway on the way back up I stopped at the roadside "memorials" that I had driven past on the way to Alice Springs, well some of them, so you get to see pics of more plaques on piles of rocks, sorry "cairns", they aren't thrilling, but it's is all there was.



Marker for the highest point on the road, exciting don't you think

 I am sure a lot of people would love this sign


 Mr Ryan's historic well

 Just in case you missed the well back there 

 And I always though it was part of a plane, oh the big man is on the hill

 They have a whole "Big" family

Ti Tree Roadhouse, just because, and not at ti tree in sight either

One thing I must say though, what is with the selfish attitude that seems to be around in a lot of places, and I am not talking about the young ones here. Some of these grey nomads are just the worst examples of selfish, self righteous people that you would want to come across, they seem to think everything should be about what is convenient for them and their overly huge caravans and that everyone else can go to hell. Here is a good example, couldn't understand why I was calling him a bastard, I mean so what if you have driven for thousands of miles to get here, why shouldn't he be able to park right there, tough if you want a picture, he was there first.


The point marker is that large contraption behind this boof-heads car and van

Anyway finish up at Renner Springs to camp for the night 

 Doesn't it look nice in the glow of dusk, unlike the dust bowl it is haha

All set with dinner on the go, those little 14 dollar butane burners are great

Now apologies that this one is late, unlike the popularity of Uluru (they have spent money getting a decent mobile telephone/internet service there for the international tourists, so we don't look quite so third world), there is not a great deal in the way of connectivity between Tennant Creek and Katherine, though I guess you are better with Telstra, so this has had to wait until I had a connection again.

Darwin tomorrow, though it is looking like it may be difficult to even find a camp site at this stage, especially powered so I can charge the computer, everything is booked out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

16 April 2024

 Well, it's been a while between posts, with not a great deal happening between them, though that is the way of it sometimes. There are ...