Thursday 24 July 2014

21 July 2014

Today I managed to get not a lot done and ended up by some chain of events spending most of in Subiaco wandering around aimlessly, though that was later. 
To being the day I managed to somehow drive the Count to one of Perth's outer suburbs to drop it off at the mechanics to get the clutch and a couple of other things sorted. It was one heck of a stressful drive with people getting rather impatient at the extreme lack of ability to accelerate, I am not too sure that the Count would have had any clutch for much longer if it didn't get replaced here and now.

I caught the train back into the city and then another out to Subiaco to see a place about checking what was going on with the computer, and naturally as Mr Murphy demands, the computer booted immediately and there was no problem to be seen. It was at this point that it started to rain and it just kept coming, so much so that I had to go and buy an umbrella just so I would be able to start drying out and not keep getting drenched, so add juggling the computer with the bag and the jacket as it was really too warm to be wearing it at the time and of course the camera, it is amazing I didn't drop anything. I left there wondering just how long that was going to last and then had lunch and wandered about the place until later in the afternoon, just because I had to, so.








There are lots of eateries and places to get a drink, lots of coffee shops as well, they all seem to be ticking along. Later in the afternoon it was back into Perth city and have a quick look about between rain downpours. There are some really great building in the city and some rather horrible 70's, 80's and 90's ones too. Some of the older ones have really great facades though you do have to look up to notice as the ground floors are usually "modernised" like every other city. I found my way to the visitors centre and got a town map so I could find the way back to the place I am staying at and naturally it was at the opposite end of town from the station, but actually just below the King's park.









Anyway I decided that would walk back, with the black clouds building again over the city, via King's park and have a look there as there is a great view of the city and it would have been really great to get a picture of the city as the lights came on for the evening. Getting close to King's park I got a few drops of rain but it wasn't too bad and I continued up to the park where I managed to get this picture




Unfortunately not more then a minute later it was chucking it down and everything was getting soaked as the wind was driving the rain sideways, so I wasn't going to get my light on in the city picture and decided to just pack it in and go back to the hotel. I managed to get out of the park and then really needed to rearrange the load I was carrying again and you'll never guess what, after lugging all this stuff about all day and not dropping anything I managed to lose grip on the computer which thumped hard into the path, well it wasn't working properly before I guess, what the hell.

I'm in Perth again tomorrow as I am still waiting for the Count to be completed...

No comments:

Post a Comment

16 April 2024

 Well, it's been a while between posts, with not a great deal happening between them, though that is the way of it sometimes. There are ...