Monday 9 June 2014

9 June 2014

Right, well as said today was a rest day for myself and the Count in Gympie. It's been a quiet old day which is good and I have managed to check over the car and see if everything seem ok, which it does. It has been dripping a bit of oil, I know you say it's a British car it's supposed to, but even for the Count it seems a bit much. I have replaced all the sump gaskets prior to the start of the trip as it had started leaking a little, but this is a bit worse (wasn't doing it at the start of the trip), as such I have been under it again to tighten all the sump bolts just in case. I guess we'll see how it goes from here.

My plan on leaving was to go out via Murgon, a town of some slight connection as a very good friend comes from there and as it is relatively close to Gympie, well. Anyway turns out it would have been about a 200 kilometre detour to go and have a look and not in the right direction either. So dad kindly drove me over there earlier while the Count had a rest in the garage, which was great. I was able to get some pictures of the main street and a couple of buildings:


 The road into Murgon

 Welcome to Murgon

 The main street

 Looking back

 Main street looking back

 Rest easy they have a 70's looking Chinese takeaway

 Town hall

 The pubs

The old council chambers, now a Regional Council office

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow Gav! It hasn't changed much at all since I was a kid riding my skateboard on those streets and that was a very long time ago! Great photos and you can see why there was never a need for traffic lights in Murgon :)

    ReplyDelete

16 April 2024

 Well, it's been a while between posts, with not a great deal happening between them, though that is the way of it sometimes. There are ...