Tuesday 29 November 2022

30 Nov 2022

Perhaps it was the impending St Andrew's day that was motivation for finally completing the upholstery of the passenger seat, though I would have actually had to remember that it was St Andrew's day (which I didn't), but finally it is done and for the time being that is it with upholstery.

The old Bluebird sewing machine had given up the ghost, so it is moving on to a new home in a museum (no, really, it is going to a museum!) and a new quite inexpensive Elna machine had no problem stitching it all together. Yah!



 I know they are not both the same. I was originally going to go for just an insert look with wings of the original upholstery  as per the base of the drivers seat, though that was somewhat too ambitious for my limited ability and a whole face replacement was much more my speed. Maybe one day I'll change the base of the drivers seat as well, certainly have enough cloth to do it, though for now I am happy for it to stay as it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

16 April 2024

 Well, it's been a while between posts, with not a great deal happening between them, though that is the way of it sometimes. There are ...