28 Jun 2026

 28 Jun 2026

Another foggy morning, but there was no point hanging about. Hit the road when I could see more than a few metres ahead through the fog. Once we got a bit of sun coming through it cleared up quickly.

It is great when you have the entire road to yourself.




It is only a 300 kilometre drive between Broken Hill and Mildura, so a leisurely one, which is a good thing as the car really just isn't right, and it seems the power drain is getting worse. That said, it runs really well once you have it up to speed, but acceleration is sedate to say the least, and it doesn't like hills. Still a good drive, and what else are you going to do on a wet morning?


I arrived way too early to check in at Mildura, and as it had been raining and the car was filthy, I decided to give it a quick wash (I really wanted to degrease the underside so it wouldn't drip oil all over the motel parking space. I was still a bit early, though, and had to sit in the car outside the motel for a little while. Once I checked into the motel, I checked the oil, did another grease, and then went for a walk around town to have a look at what there was to see. Very tidy place and seems to have a nice relaxed "feel" to it. Not sure why, but it kind of makes me think of a tidier, and perhaps better laid out, version of Albury. Could warrant another visit sometime.






Heading for Melbourne and home tomorrow morning.  

Comments

Popular Posts