Monday 26 August 2024

27 Aug 2024

 27 Aug 2024


Have just put the new "Dealer's Decal" in the car. The Count is a Lane's Motors car and I have always wanted a dealer decal for the back window, though to my knowledge the car didn't have one. It does have the Lane's Motors brass stock plate in the car and previously I had a window decal created from a photo of that plate, it looked ok and suited the purpose as far as I was concerned. Move forward to just recently and I wanted to get the windows of the car UV tinted as the sun does terrible things to the upholstery with alarmingly quick speed. This of course lead to the problem that the window decal had to be removed and I decided to see if there was anything on the internet that would give me some idea of what an original Lane's Motors dealer decal might look like. The internet didn't turn up too much, though I did manage to find a copy of an official Lanes Motors receipt from 1955. This is the same age as The Count, so it provided some idea what an actual dealer decal might look like (if indeed one existed). I created some similar images to the ones on the receipt and managed to get the original shade of blue and pieced together a completed image which was then printed to make a dealer decal, which is now on the car. OK it probably isn't original or what the had, if anything, but I'm happy with it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

14 Sep 2024

 14 Sep 2024 Well, not a lot has been happening with the car and it hasn't been anywhere either. I have a 3d printer so I designed and p...