Sunday 3 August 2014

1 Aug 2014

Well the morning started much the same as last night and it has been raining a lot, today is back to home, but the weather has not improved at all. Given that the weather didn't improve all the way back I only really stopped once at Ararat where I had a chat with the Visitor Centre people before running back to the car and just driving back to Melbourne. It was even snowing some of the way from Ballarat, so the poor little heater was trying to keep the windscreen clear and was failing most of the time.
Sorry no pictures at all today, really wasn't worth getting out of the car and prolonging the time I had to be in the car driving through the cold with the windows open to try and keep the misting of the windscreens to a minimum. It wasn't the most exciting part of the trip by a long shot.

So anyway that is it really untill I manage to get all of the fuel receipts sorted out and work out the final fuel costs and actual milage done, as the speedo is somewhat unreliable and the odometre tells me only 13133 kilometres were driven, which I am fairly sure is somewhat incorrect (8161 Miles it is telling me), hopefully that won't take too long.

Hopefully this has been of some interest to some folk out there, I certainly hope so, but I guess it is all done now as a whole of an around Australia trip, though I should be able to keep updating it occasionally whenever we go out in the Count to other places for day trips or weekends away, maybe it will be interesting as well.

Thanks for reading and being part of the around Australia trip though!

Gav



No comments:

Post a Comment

16 April 2024

 Well, it's been a while between posts, with not a great deal happening between them, though that is the way of it sometimes. There are ...