Monday 24 March 2014

March 2014 Pt2

It sure has been a while but the Count is well on the way to having it's new half chassis rails fitted now and is looking good. It is amazing what the old ones look like from the inside, well probably not quite so amazing as scary. The cracks in the rail above the hole for the eyebolt and the wafer thin rust sections are something to see, so too is the row of self tappers that are in one of the rails, who knows what that was about and all I can say really is the ignorance is bliss. To be honest I guess I really was quite lucky nothing happened on the run from Queensland to Melbourne, though it did make the trip without a hint of any problem, so as I say about ignorance. Hopefully at this stage I should have the car back by early next week and then I can get it registered and get everything ready to go for the trip. I am not counting on it as I have to coordinate times with the vehicle inspector, get permits and then get a VicRoads inspection as well, but hey a fella can only hope!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

16 April 2024

 Well, it's been a while between posts, with not a great deal happening between them, though that is the way of it sometimes. There are ...